Wine and Vegetable Soup
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 pink turnips, peeled and diced
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken broth
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbs arrowroot
- 3 Tbs water
- 2 Tbs chives, minced
- Warm butter and vegetable oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, turnips, and leeks and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add red wine and bring to a boil, uncovered.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and then add salt and pepper.
- Dissolve arrowroot in water and stir into pot.
- Simmer for a few minutes, top with chives, and serve.
Copyright © 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.