- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 cups spinach, lightly packed and chopped
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped basil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce the potatoes and microwave for 20 minutes or until tender when gently squeezed. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet. Add the leeks and cook until very soft, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the spinach and cook for a few minutes more until the spinach is cooked and any liquid has been absorbed.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the insides, leaving a 1/2-inch rim of potatoes in the skins.
- Mash the potatoes with the milk until smooth, then stir in the leeks, half the cheese, salt, and pepper. Lightly stir in the roasted peppers and basil.
- Place the potato skins onto a baking sheet and fill with the potato mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
Copyright © 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.