Old Country Seafood Chowder
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped leeks (1/4-inch)
- 1 1/2 cups diced fennel (1/4-inch)
- 12 oz Yukon gold potatoes, diced (1-inch)
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 cups fish stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless cod, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 oz chopped smoked salmon
- 1 cup olives, whole, pitted
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Heat butter in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add leeks and fennel and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in potatoes, season to taste with salt and pepper and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Pour in sherry, fish stock and cream and bring to a boil. Cover, turn heat down to low and simmer for 30 minutes until potatoes are breaking down. Add cod, smoked salmon and olives and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, season with dill, lemon juice and hot sauce. Serve hot.
Copyright © 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.