Lemon Leek Roasted Cornish Game Hens
- 4 Cornish game hens (1 per person)
- 4 leeks
- 4 lemons
- 4 Tbs butter, plus 1 Tbs melted butter
- 1 pinch kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove giblets. Wash hens and pat dry. Salt and pepper inside and outside of hens.
- Slice leeks and cut lemons into wedges. Stuff hens with a few lemon wedges and leek slices. Add 1 tablespoon of butter under the skin of the breasts and in the chest cavity.
- Place all hens in a baking dish. Arrange extra lemon wedges and leek slices around hens. Pour extra melted butter around hens.
- Roast at 400°F until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. This should take about 35–45 minutes.
Copyright © 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.