Lamb and Stout Stew
- 2 lbs lamb stew meat, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs canola oil, divided
- 2 leeks, chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 12 oz stout beer
- 3 cups water
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped
- Season lamb with salt and pepper; toss with flour. In a pot over medium-high heat, brown the lamb in 1 tablespoon of oil for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lamb from pot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil, leeks, onion, and thyme; cook until leeks are soft, around 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste; return lamb to pot. Add stout and water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes; cook until lamb and potatoes are tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours longer.
Copyright © 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.