Cranberry Crusted Rainbow Trout with Warm Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup ground ginger
- 2 Tbs granulated garlic
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1 Tbs lemon pepper
- 2/3 cup honey
- 14 6 ounces each rainbow trout fillets
- 1 cup off-dry Johannisberg Riesling
- 3 quarts mixed greens
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, toasted
- 28 orange sections
- grated orange zest, for garnish
- Warm Orange Vinaigrette1 cup julienned leeks
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs Johannisberg Riesling
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 cup olive oil
- Place first 5 ingredients in a food processor. Process until chopped finely; reserve. Heat honey; brush each fillet with about 2 teaspoons honey. Sprinkle each fillet with about 1 tablespoon cranberry mixture; reserve.
- Per order: Pour 1 tablespoon wine over 1 trout fillet. Place skin-side down on lightly oiled sheet pan; bake at 350° F until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, toss 1 cup salad greens with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Line plate with tossed greens; sprinkle 2 tablespoons walnuts and 2 orange sections over greens. Split fillet; overlap on top of greens. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon vinaigrette on split fillet; garnish with orange zest.
- Warm Orange Vinaigrette Yield: 3 cupsSauté 1 cup julienned leeks in 1 tablespoon oil until soft. Add 1/4 cup sugar and cook until caramelized; deglaze pan with 2 tablespoons Johannisberg Riesling. Stir in 1/4 cup dried cranberries; simmer 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup orange juice, 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Whisk in 1 cup olive oil; heat through. Keep warm.
Copyright © 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.