Don’t Let Cold Weather Put a Freeze on Your Workouts
When the temperature starts to drop, it’s always easy to think up a few good reasons to skip your workout. But some simple tricks, reported on by the Huffington Post, can help keep you moving when the weather outside gets frightful:
- Go gear shopping. Buy some activewear, like warm leggings or weather-proof running shoes, for your polar workouts. Research has shown that clothing’s symbolic meaning can affect the wearer's mindset. So, putting on the right outfit may help you get mentally ready to exercise.
- Make summer plans. Set future goals and plans to help you stay motivated in the present. Plan a backpacking trip or sign up for a marathon. Visualizing your end goal will help you stay motivated while you train to keep up on the trail or in the race.
- Get into winter activities. Go play in the snow while you can! Skiing, ice skating, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and sledding are all fun wintertime activities that help keep you fit (and warm you up).
- Revamp your playlist. Replace your usual mix with some new music or podcasts. A good playlist can jazz up a workout and get you stoked to start your next one.
- Take each day as it comes. It can be difficult to stay motivated when the weather’s crummy, and that’s okay. If you don’t accomplish all your goals in one day, give yourself a break. Keep a positive attitude by focusing on your successes for the day, which can help keep the frosty atmosphere at bay.
Source: Huffington Post
Copyright © 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.